Changes to NP Preceptor Honorarium Program Starting 6.1.2018
Northern Colorado NP Coalition is proud to support our student members by offering an Honorarium for Preceptors!
Beginning August, 2017, the Board of Directors unanimously approved this initiative that offered a both a cash reward and one year complimentary membership to the NCNPC.
To ensure fiscal responsibility and continuation of the program, beginning June 1, 2018, the following changes were approved by the Board of Directors:
- Preceptor and student must both be active members of the Northern Colorado NP Coalition.
- Honorarium amount will be calculated at $2/hour per student
- Honorarium maximum $500/student, maximum 3 students/year per preceptor.
- Honorarium will be paid at the discretion of the Board of Directors as funds allow.
- Request for Honorarium must be made within 30 days of student completing hours.
- Preceptor will be required to complete a W-9 form and may be issued a 1099 if required by IRS rules. (We advise you speak to your financial adviser for more information).
The program will continue to offer a complimentary one year membership to the NCNPC. Participants will be required to submit a documentation of proof of hours (eg copy of the student evaluation) to NCNPC.
For more information or to submit a request, email NCNPCpreceptors@gmail.com.