Brief for SIG 30 on Initiative to Include APNs in the Annual 5280 Top Doctors Issue
For over 20 years, the 5280 Magazine has published an annual edition of Top Doctors. These doctors are chosen by votes obtained from other doctors.
Archived issues can be located HERE
There are other cities throughout the country that also publish similar editions. Seattle happens to add nurse practitioners and physician assistants in theirs HERE
In a little bit of a different vein, Dallas has its own nursing awards HERE
We are proposing that 5280 include advanced practice nurses and physician assistants in their voting. We plan to discuss this with 5280 and to bring data.
- Percentage of patients that APNs and/or PAs see in Denver
- Other cities that are including APNs and PAs
- Potential physician support
The next voting cycle will be Spring of 2019. We are hoping to make some headway prior to the next voting cycle.
If you are interested in helping please contact:
Ways you can help:
- Gather websites or magazines from other cities that are doing this
- Gather data regarding the APN or PA population in Denver